Monday, January 21, 2013

30 Day Challenge: Day 1

I've decided to do a 30 day challenge. I'm also doing this over on my tumblr.




Picture taken by Christian Colburn.

  1. My family situation is so complicated that I can't tell you how many siblings I have without qualification. Short answer: between 1 and 8. Long answer: 1 half brother, 1 half sister, 1 brother, 2 stepbrothers I never see, 1 stepsister I've never met, 1 stepbrother and 1 stepsister that aren't legally my stepsiblings. Truest answer: I'm one of 6.
  2. I'm probably addicted to my devices. Especially my iPod. His name is Rory.
  3. I've been drinking coffee since I was 3 days old. These days, I drink it with 4 spoons of sugar and a splash of milk. Preferably a hint of flavoured creamer.
  4. My wardrobe is mostly jeans and t-shirts but I'm working on turning it into a more adult, grown up closet. Classy, sophisticated, but still comfortable.
  5. Though none of my biological siblings have children, I have a "big sister" with a daughter who I consider my niece. I am very proud to be Aunt Victoria.
  6. When I was 16, I was officially diagnosed with severe depression and more severe anxiety. This year is the first time I've been off my anti-depressants since then for more than six months.
  7. I have no idea what I look like with my natural hair color. It's some shade of brown but my whole head hasn't been covered with it since 2006. I enjoy dying my hair and changing it up too much.
  8. After being a student for 19 years, I graduated from a private Christian college with a degree in English (writing emphasis) and minors in Education (which was my major for 5 of my 8 semesters) and Communications (which I may go on to get my masters in).
  9. I was engaged for about three years. It ended November 2011 and though I miss who we were sometimes, I don't miss who he is now. I was obsessed with planning our wedding instead of our marriage.
  10. Most importantly, I am a Christian. Without the strength of Jesus, there are many things in my life that would be so very different. The way I handled my engagement ending, the way I'm surviving this year abroad, the fact that I'm off my anti-depressants. I can turn and point it all back to Him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment