Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Chaos of Pre-Travel

I started packing tonight. It's going to be an adventure getting everything packed, that's for sure. I have most of my clothes-everything that's not dirty/being washed-packed. I have a few things that are set aside to be sent to me later (my winter jacket, boots, etc.) and I have a list of things that are packed, things that are going in my backpack, things that I need to buy there, things I need to do here before I can go, and so on and so forth. Grad gifts are done for 6 housemates, 1 roommate, 1 Londonerd, and nearly done for a former ICE major friend as well as an underclassman friend. I still have to start gifts for two other friends (one of whom the pattern isn't even completed for).
People keep asking me if I'm excited, if it's starting to hit. Despite the fact that I fly in 4.5 days, it hasn't hit yet. My brain's current focuses: my hormones, my party on Saturday, packing, 23 straight hours of travel minimum between Rochester and Osnabrueck, and then the fact that I'm moving to Europe for a year. In decreasing order (although in another 24 hours hormones will be off that list). I can't wrap my mind around the fact that I'm going to be in another continent for a year and that I'll be responsible for 3 little girls. Who are adorable, by the way. Right now, my main focus is on the party. I get to see several of my closest friends as well as a bunch of family. To be able to chat with Jess, joke with Dan, hug Eric, and spend time with Emy and Jens? That's going to be amazing. I wish I could see some of my other friends too but a girl has to learn to be content with what she can get sometimes.
The living room is currently covered in my crap. And don't even MENTION my bedroom floor. Things are scattered all over. I have to determine my travel entertainment still. I think I'm going to have to suck it up and buy a movie or two and a few books for my iPod. It's necessary I think for my sanity during my 24 hour traveling. I can only cross stitch for so many hours... And fruit ninja doesn't exactly entertain me for long stretches of time. >_< Suggestions? (If anyone's actually reading this ahead of my travel date. :P)
Alright, Fraulein Vickey needs to clear the living room floor and get to bed. Tomorrow's a day full of packing and spending time with little kids.

0 comments:

Post a Comment