Monday, August 6, 2012

Shopping in the City...

(This is from last week. Exact date I don't remember.)

I went out tonight to shop. I’m in Paris after all and I am a girl so I went to the big department stores on the outskirts of the tourist zones. Still plenty safe and still touristy enough that there was a Hard Rock café and tour buses toward the end of my wandering. The big store, Galleries Lafayette, is ridiculous. First of all, think of a high class brand name. Seriously. A runway name. It was there. Louis Vuttion, Gucci, Levi, Chanel, Dior, Rolex, all of them. I wanted a pair of shorts and a HUGE purse/small suitcase to replace my beatup old backpack. I didn’t realize that it was so high class. I didn’t get anything there. I was completely turned around anyhow. Seriously the place has a map and like 9 floors. With stained glass. I wandered down the street and ended up in H&M where I did get a pair of shorts (I need to check the size conversion. It says the US size compared to the European one but I know that often those aren’t quite accurate. If this one is, well my workout is getting kicked up a notch!). I also picked up an eyeliner, forgetting that I’d already gotten one at Sephora an hour before!
Speaking of Sephora, I tried to get Mom a tiny bottle of Chanel No. 5 like what I got when I was little since I knew it’d be expensive. No such luck. The smallest bottle was like 50 Euros at least. So I used the tester and wore it around in her honor instead. It was the best I could do. I also picked up something else for her as well as something for Sami. I had a Big Mac from a French McDonald’s for dinner. Not so bad as an Italian one but not so good as an American. I was going to keep shopping but I was tired. I need to wear better shoes next time I go out. I walked around a lot for not a lot of progress.
It’s now 11pm and I’m laying in bed watching My Fair Lady. Audrey Hepburn is so good! Such a good actress and so pretty. Oh and I’ve been switching my rooms again. For the last week I’m here some of David’s friends will be here and they’ll be staying in my little house with me. Since they’ll want to stay together, I’m switching to the back rooms. And I might as well switch now. So tonight is my last night in “my” bed and tomorrow I get a new one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment