Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dinner, Popular=/=Right, Body, Language


25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
I would choose to have dinner with Joan of Arc. I find her very interesting and, assuming that we were able to speak the same language, would love to ask her if she really spoke to G-d and to judge for myself if she was nuts or just beyond her time. And I'd choose the salmon with Asian inspired glaze from Boston's along with a grilled portabello mushroom topped with cream spinach and a rice side dish. (Combined menu from two of my favorite restaurant meals in the last year or two.)

26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
The world doesn't realize it needs Christ. That He came not to condemn them or to restrict their fun but to save them from death, from sin, from guilt and from the bondage that Satan tries to put us in. He came to free us and in Him we may sacrifice getting drunk on Friday night (something we want to do now) but we gain a fuller understanding of our identity in Christ and grow closer to our Heavenly Father (something we should want more).

27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
My favorite part of my body are my shoulders. I don't really know why. I love when they get a little bit sunburnt (so they're warm but not too painful) and I love off the shoulder type shirts.

28. What is your love language?
Though I haven't read the book, my love language is touch. I'm a very touchy person. Even from the time I was very young, I've always been comforted by touch. I got tucked in by being practically smothered with four layers of a blanket I call fuzz. I got kisses and hugs and cuddled with my parents. Until I was 13 I always had a cat to call my own that often slept with me and if I was upset, Smokey was one of my first lines of defense. Now that I'm a "grown-up", I still need that physical contact. Honestly, without it, I feel like I'm going crazy. I need to be held sometimes, I need to feel safe and to have that touch. When I go long enough without it, my "touch tank" is empty and I start to get anxious and depressed. I also tend to start thinking about guys more when I'm running low. Having shared a bed with someone I loved for a good chunk of time, I miss falling asleep in someone's arms. I always sleep better when I've got someone to keep me safe. I must have been held a lot as a baby, especially when I was falling asleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment