Sunday, September 9, 2012

Questions 7-11 out of 30


7. What is your dream job, and why?
I honestly have no idea. I love working with children and I hope to be a stay at home mom and to homeschool but I don't know if that's my dream job. :/

8. What are 5 passions you have?
A) I'm passionate about my love for children. All I've ever wanted is to be a mother, to be pregnant, to raise a child. I moved halfway around the world to take care of children rather than returning to a crappy summer job in Rochester.
B) I'm growing passionate about my faith. I'm learning to lean on Him in good times and in bad. For some reason, the bad is easier. But I know that I need G-d all the time. I'm learning to spend time with Him daily.
C) I'm passionate about reading. I cannot understand how anyone can not like reading or can not have a favorite book or books. I've been reading for the last 19 years or so
D) I'm passionate about music. My life has a soundtrack. It just happens to run in my head. I've been singing since before I can remember and am told I could match pitch from a very young age. I play music constantly and cannot handle a day without music.
E) I'm passionate about my family. Those who are close enough that I consider them family are my life. I'd do anything I could for my sisters, my parents, my brothers. I cannot imagine my life without my family and the wonderful thing is that my family isn't just those G-d chose to bless me with biologically. :)

9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
Mary Beth - My best friend, my college roommate, my future maid of honor and my future children's aunt. She's been such a blessing to me. She's always there for me and has showed me what it means to follow Christ as well as what it means to be a good friend. Despite not agreeing with many of my decisions over the last four years, she's never made me feel bad for them or judged me for them. Years from now, when we're old and grey, we'll be sitting in a coffee shop talking about our grandkids and laughing.
Gramma - My gramma is the one who took me to church when I was a baby. My parents gave me good morals but my gramma gave me faith, or the foundation of it.
Ron - During our relationship, I grew up. I learned a lot about myself. I learned about what I don't want in a relationship and what I do. I learned about what it means to be in a relationship and I learned firsthand why a Christian shouldn't date a non-believer. If I had to point to one specific thing in the last decade that's changed me the most, it would be a tie between my relationship and my experience at Houghton.
Dad - Like I said the other day, I was Daddy's little girl. He's influenced me more than I could possibly explain.
Mom - My mom's been a huge impact on me too. No, she's not always been the best mother. But she's there for me. I can talk to her about anything and though I hope to do some things very differently, I do hope my kids are as comfortable talking to me about sex, relationships, and love as I am talking to her.

Samantha - If not for Samantha, I would have tried to kill myself when I was 12. Trying to be a good example for her has been a big part of my life the last ten years.
Jessie - I don't know how I managed to get so close to Jess so quickly. We went from strangers to such good friends in the span of maybe 6 months. She knows me better than I know myself and I've talked to her about everything.
Julia - My big sister. :) She lived with us for a year when I was 8 and I still have good memories of attending the high school Jazz Caberet night with her. She made me an aunt last week. If she hadn't lived with us, I'd never have studied German and some of the amazing opportunities in my life wouldn't have materialized.
Red - My German "aunt". She lived with my Gramma for a year at the same time Julia lived with us. We've kept in touch more so than with Julia and she's the one who suggested I become an Au Pair, or at least look into it. I was also able to visit her in California last February and to stay with her family when I was in Germany last time. She's planning to show me some of the tricks to using a camera. :)
Yes, that's only 9 but I can't think of a 10th at the moment.


10. Describe your most embarrasing moment.
I really try to block these out of my head. I don't like to dwell on them. My guilt complex is bad enough already.

11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
People using His name in vain.
When people leave the cupboard open. Especially in the kitchen.
Misusing words like "gay" or "retarded" to mean "stupid"
Leaving dishes in the sink instead of the empty dishwasher.
The complex issues around purity and virginity.

When peanut butter is hidden in a dessert
Sand in my shoes
Snot/vomit/spitup/other bodily fluids on my shoulder from the baby
The internet not working
Talking on the phone

0 comments:

Post a Comment