Friday, October 19, 2012

A Positive Real World Experience with Men

Yesterday, I went out after work to hang out with some people and have a drink. Since I spent my day with the baby, my break writing in my journal (actually talking to G-d instead of so much writing about Him), and after work I made tacos followed by heading out, there's no post for yesterday. I might do two later on to make up for it

Regardless though, I had a very nice night. This very single girl doesn't go out very much. And if my plans with Carlotta hasn't fallen through time after time until she suggested I go to the CS meeting, I wouldn't have gone out last night either. I'm so glad I did.

Honestly I started the day half dreading it. But that was my anxiety rearing her ugly head. Telling me it'll be awkward and I shouldn't go. I claimed victory over it through and ended up having a a lot of fun. I had a drink, I talked to a few different people, and at the end of the night I left with a huge smile on my face and a new number in my phone.

So today with my mind still on the fact of just how good it felt to feel attractive and wanted, I'm also trying to balance the giddy feeling with the practical side of things. The I don't even know if he's a Christian side of things. Because that is so important to me. But when he asked what kind of music I listen to and I said mostly Christian and country he didn't seem put off by that. I learned the hard way though that "not put off" and "open minded" aren't enough. I need a man who seeks G-d and will encourage me too. I'm not at all claiming that this guy I met last night in Trash is going to turn into anything. I had fun and I got to feel attractive. Even better? I barely had makeup on, had just thrown my hair up, and still had on the shirt I spent all day in. To feel attractive in that is a plus.

AND it wasn't at all creepy! Not at all like with the Greek guy. Or, G-d help him, the columbian creeper.

I'm choosing to label this as one of my 31 days because it does reflect on my journey with Christ. I've come a long way in the past few years. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment