Friday, October 26, 2012

Blessings

It's Friday night and I'm spending it at home with my knitting, my cocoa, and my laptop. That might sound so horrible but I am so thankful for it. I think tonight, after a long hard week, I need to spend a bit of time counting my blessings.


  • A year in Germany including a month in the summer plus Christmas in Paris.
  • Netflix.
  • Sweet Pea wants to crawl into my lap constantly. It's adorable.
  • Munchkin admires me enough that she wishes she could draw like me. Despite my horrible drawing skills.
  • The purse I'm knitting for my stepsister is coming along very quickly
  • I got a care package today from my mom with a bunch of candy. :)
  • The cocoa that I bought at Rewe tastes almost like American. (Though I'd still love me some Swiss Miss.)
  • Having newly begun using Twitter, it's been wonderful to make a few friends and keep in touch with old ones.
  • My date yesterday went well for the most part. I just need to learn to shut the freak up sometimes.
  • My overarching philosophy of "If it's meant to be, it won't matter" is still intact.
  • I lucked out when I got this family. Kathrin is amazing in so many ways.
  • I get to Skype with my dear Emy this weekend AND my family.
  • My dad texted me today to follow up from a phone call from Wednesday night.
  • I have food, shelter, and clothing.
  • I have plans for a second date with the German.
Even if I am homesick and even if I did spend five minutes in Rewe crying because of Taylor Swift's stupid songs, there are a lot of things in my life that I am so thankful for and that I enjoy greatly. And even more things that I'm sure are along the lines of His blessings through raindrops.

0 comments:

Post a Comment